I have an Ibis Forte road tandem that doesn't get used much.  The
tires are starting to look a little old in the sidewalls, so I decided
to pull them off and use them on my Hillborne before they are too old
to use.  So, I did a three way tire swap.  The 700x32 IRC 'Tandem'
tires went on my Hillborne.  The Jack Browns got set aside for the
time being, and the 700x37 folding Panaracer Paselas that I got from
Riv went on the tandem.

The IRC's on the Hillborne look positively skinny.  They probably are
more like a 30.  I've gotten so accustomed to a wider tire that it was
jarring to look at, both from the side, and from the cockpit.  I am
eager to wear these out and get back on a properly wide tire.  The
37's on the tandem are stunning.  The bike looks just beautiful with
really really wide road tires.  I can't wait to take her out again.  I
gotta go check if Riv has more of those 37's.  The Ibis unicrown fork
has quite a bit of clearance, but things were cozy in back.  I had to
deflate the tire to get the wheel in, because I hit the chainstay
bridge.  I feel a little constrained that I can never take my tandem
to a 40.

Fat tires are the bomb!