Larry, thanks for the explanation of the legal constraints. The legal process
for seeking asylum you described matches the one my family followed (albeit
different countries) some decades ago and one I’m familiar with. (There was an
NPR segment today that featured an interview with the lawyer representing
Flores in the original (Jenny) Flores case. Also illuminating.)

- Max in A2