You might take a look at this hitch adapter:

http://www.hitchsource.com/torklift-ecohitch-hidden-mini-cooper-hardtop-door-2015-14-in-receiver-p-36883.html

It is a bolt in so there should not need to be any fabrication. It is a
little strange having the hitch right above the exhausts but if there is
available space then why not.

Here is an over-dramatic video of the install: https://vimeo.com/145407793

A body shop could do this install pretty easily.

Dan