Semi-related. I've been riding a 58cm Appaloosa for a couple of weeks now
(and a 55 for a few weeks before that).

All I can add is that from your ride report, the catalog is correct. You're
description of handling and "cush" with the LWB Atalantis is remarkably
similar to my experience riding the Appaloosas over mixed terrain since
early May. The one thing I will add is that I find myself sitting and
spinning up hills more with my Appaloosa more than I do on shorter wheel
base bikes - but that's a non-scientific observation. Perhaps it's a result
of the overall balance of the longer bike, maybe it's something else, but
it's simply something I've noticed.

For those with concerns about LWB bikes...I'm not finding anything to be
concerned about. The plush ride is delightful, and I have yet to find any
drawback when compared to my SWB bikes (or even my MWB bikes).

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 10:28 AM Lester Lammers <lester.lamm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the report. I'll have my 53cm built up soon but not soon enough.
>

>> The executive summary is the bike rides fantastically.  It really is
>> noticeably more supple and cushy than its predecessor.  If you're on the
>> fence about whether the "new & improved" version is worth getting excited
>> about, proceed to get excited.  At the price point, it's the deal of the
>> year.  If all you were looking for was thumbs-up-or-thumbs-down, read no
>> further.  It's truly everything the Atlantis has always been with subtle
>> improvements and nothing has been compromised or limited.
>>

>> .
>>

>> --

Hugh Flynn
Newburyport, MA