Reed, no worries at all - I had a point to get across, and had to revert to
my profession to make it.  My 44-y-o Raleigh is not treated, but I bought
it new, and it's never been stored even in the garage - always inside.
The marks on the paint are where my younger daughter used it for her indoor
gym.