The Bike Tow Leash is what I use. It works great, attaches low at the rear
triangle which is important for me with my 80 lbs athletic lab/hound.

http://www.biketowleash.com/

I bought it at the Dog Outdoors, they have lot's of good dog stuff and also
carry the other style which mounts high on the seat post but that would not
work for me and my hound.

https://www.thedogoutdoors.com/

I have it mounted on a mid eighties Miyata MTB with Bosco bars and a
setback post...the old adjustable one with lot's of setback....so I can put
all my weight on the back wheel and my foot on the outside pedal when I
need to ground him in place. But he has pulled me over from a stand still
when he was a bit younger, he is all muscle and was very enthusiastic as a
youngster...well come to think of it he still is the same in his middle age
but we are both smarter now. He loves it and it works wonders. Funny thing
is though that we also have an 11 lb terrier mix, the maker does not
recommend its use with small dogs but she insists and she loves it just as
much. It took some getting used to with the small dog but the clever device
really does work well at keeping the dog in a safe place.