Hi all, just to be more clear about the headtube, when I received the bike
a few months ago I took it to Rivendell since it's local. They checked it
out, said that wasn't effecting the internal diameter of the steerer
because the fork turns clearly. The alignment of the steerer cups is fine
and straight, so the the headset sits fine. One mechanic thought it was
potentially caused when someone installed the headset cups with too much
force causing a wrinkle/bump on the headtube, another mechanic wasn't sure
what caused it, both said not to worry. It's a small outward bump with no
crack in the steel, but has a small paint chip.

The bike rides great. I've had an A Homer Hilsen, Sam Hillborne, Atlantis,
Clem Smith JR, and a Quickbeam - this is the quickest of all them by far. I
believe it has sharper angles and quicker handling than any modern
Rivendell. Waterford built too!

-Chris