I am pretty sure I remember reading way back that the lugged stem is
very very strong. I think this was back when Rivendell first stocked
them and before their long out-of-stock status--maybe '01-02-ish. If I
remember correctly (which I most likely dont), when Nitto was testing
them for strength they couldnt break one during their load tests,
where others stems broke after a relatively small number of loads.
Does super strong equal super stiff?

Anyone else remember this?

Cheers!
cm