It's going to be fun seeing what Rivendell comes up with for a mountain
bike but I think they will be really missing the boat if they don't enter
world of Plus tires.  I don't remember if that has been ruled out or maybe
the no disk brakes decision rules them out?  I don't know if cantilevers or
V-brakes will work with 3" tires.

As things currently stand, the original advocate for fatter tires is
getting left behind by the mainstream, where modern MTB tire widths start
where RBW's end.