Thanks for all the info everyone. It's been really helpful. The bigger
longer bikes clearly have more room. The Clems and Dareck's Kona appear to
be the roomiest. But it looks like plenty of people are happy with front
seats and less roomy bikes. I'll have to figure out for myself how much
space I need.

I'm getting better at spotting bikes that might work. Justin posted another
thread over on iBob with some useful photos of seats on bikes that sorta
kinda fit.

I think most important is getting a seat and riding. Finding the perfect
bike/seat combo could take as many years as finding the perfect bike ...

Paul

On Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 2:58:01 PM UTC-4, danmc wrote:

> [...]
>
> Anyway, the front seat was great until she was 3 1/2 and then I stitched
> her to the back of the Cheviot with a Yepp Maxi seat. She never liked the
> Burley trailer.
>
> A friend used the Bobike after we outgrew it and really liked it as well.
> He used it on a threadless mountain bike.
>
> Dan
>
> San Rafael, CA
>

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 11:16 AM EasyRider <peter...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Paul, I think you're wise to borrow one first. These front seats tend to
>> work best with large frames/top tubes. If you are about my size (PBH ~79),
>> you may decide to wait for the Rosco Bebe or to get that trailer a little
>> sooner.
>>
>> I can only speak to the iBert, but after installing one on my Trek 950,
>> which I think has a top tube around 57-58cm, there was hardly any room left
>> between the nose of the saddle and the backside of the iBert. (It wasn't a
>> "tight squeeze" it was a "there's no way I could ever fit in there" kind of
>> space, and I'm a trim 155 lbs.) I'd have needed to lower my saddle way down
>> so that I could safely straddle the bike and plop my dude in the seat and
>> buckle him in. And then I'd be riding around with knees splayed and legs
>> never fully extended. This the problem that the Rosco Bebe would address by
>> having a "legendarily long top tube" and swept back bars.
>>
>> Pete
>> Arlington, VA
>>
>> On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 11:19:55 AM UTC-4, Paul Clifton wrote:
>>>
>>> I know this topic comes up frequently. I've learned a lot from reading
>>> who's anxious to get on a bike, I've got some decisions to make, and I'd
>>> love some input.
>>>
>>> I'm pretty set on a front seat. It just seems like more fun. I'd love to
>>> test a few seats out (front and back) before I buy anything, but I'm not
>>> sure I have that option. Does anyone in the Atlanta area have a baby seat
>>> or two I can test fit/test ride on a few different bikes? I'd really like
>>> to test one of the Yepp models, but any seat I could try out would be
>>> really helpful.
>>>
>>> My big question is, given my stable and the BOSCO BEBE, should I buy the
>>> best seat for one of my current bikes, even if it's not the one I want, or
>>> should I buy the seat I think I want, Yepp, mount it on a less than ideal
>>> bike. Then shuffle the stable and the checkbook around till I get a bike
>>> that works with the seat.
>>>
>>> I know the normal people answer is buy a seat for your current bike and
>>> just ride, but I'm hoping to take lots of great rides over the next 2-3
>>> years, so I can justify a dedicated bike/baby seat combo. I'm just not sure
>>> what I want that to look like yet.
>>>
>>> Here's the bikes I've got that will work with a seat. Has anyone used a
>>> front seat on any similar bikes? How'd it work out?
>>>
>>> 1. MTBUBBE - appears that the long head tube makes front seats less than
>>> ideal. I'm not sure about the handling with an extra 20 lbs towards the