That's been my experience with the bosco moose bars as well - any bar that
doesn't let you choose the angle is going to be wrong for nearly everyone.
I like the long-reach bullmoose both for looks and for control, but I have
replaced them on the Clem because it's mostly used for relaxed on-road, and
the Albatross matches it better. Still really good bars, and I like your
thought that they'd work better on a bike with a really slack front end...
might have to dig something up that matches.

/Jeremy