I'm going.  What's more, I'm leading a prequel ride the day before for those coming up a day early (it's just too far for me to drive up the morning of the event) for Oxon Hill Bicycle Club, and you're welcome to join us.

SAT  Aug 18 *2 OR 3 COVERED BRIDGES & LAPP'S ICE CREAM* Class CC/TOURING 42/49 mi. 10:30 AM from Strasburg Railroad 301 Gap Road, Ronks PA..

This ride is a prelude to Sunday's Covered Bridge Metric. We'll ride through the Amish farmland of Lancaster County, visiting places not on Sunday's ride,featuring two or three covered bridges and a visit to the Lapp Valley Farm Dairy and Ice Cream. Route maps & GPS files are here: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/5202815 for the 41 mile version and http://ridewithgps.com/routes/5200443 for the 49 mile route. Cue sheets are in the Cloud: https://goo.gl/WAEN3j The file includes both the 42 and 49 mile versions. Please print out and bring a copy of the cue sheet.

_Dir from Metro DC_:

Take Baltimore-Washington Parkweay MD-295 N to I65N towards Towson. Take exit 24 for I-83 N toward York Pa/Timonium. Take I-83N to US-30 E. Take the PA-462/Lincoln Hwy exit. Take Strasburg Pike to PA-741 E in Strasburg Township. Turn right onto PA-462 W/Lincoln Hwy. Turn left onto Strasburg Pike. Continue onto Lancaster Ave. Turn left onto W. Main St. Slight left onto PA-741 E. Strasburg RR is on the left. Proceed to the far end of the parking lot.