The Roadeo is lighter and faster steering than the Ram, and that is a
noticable difference to me.  What may not be as appreciated is that the
design of the Roadeo is different from the Ram in that the top tube is
shorter (at least in my 53/54cm size, and I think for other sizes too).

This means, all other things equal, the bars are closer to you, which means
to obtain that same comfort zone, you drop lower--i.e. you ride in your
drops more.    My Roadeo has the most comfortable drops of any bike I own,
and it is more comfortable than the bar tops or hoods.  This mindset takes
into account the more aggressive position and "faster" riding that I would
want to do on the Roadeo compared with the Ram.

Some people want to retain the same exact cockpit on every bike they own,
but that doesn't really take into account the type of riding you are
doing.  Why be in an aggressive aerodynamic position on a casual ride on
the bike path with your kids?  Having multiple bikes allows you to both
tweak the bike (in terms of racks/luggage weight), as well as the rider
position to match/reflect the bike characteristics.

For me the Roadeo "character" is more than just the weight or tubing.

Best,
Toshi