Way easier to bend the canti struts than the mounting bolt, at least on my
M14 (which also broke, but after 13 years of any old load).
Maybe the basket rack is going to be the exact same rack, but with a
different/better connection to the mounting bolt. Maybe it'll have a basket
tacked right to the rack!

Philip
Santa Rosa, CA