Since last year I have been riding Appaloosa with various upright bars
(Choco, Alba, Jones Loop, Open Bar, Bosco..).    Occasionally I take my
road bike for short rides.  Its drop bar has been made much less aggressive
using a raiser stem. Yet, after riding fully upright bars, it feels very
uncomfortable.  First I get pain in the back of my neck. After 30 mins of
riding shoulders, arms and wrist pads too start to hurt.

Currently I have Boscos on Appaloosa.  With this setup
<https://flic.kr/p/2azEGt6> I can rider for 6-7 hrs without any severe
pain/discomfort. Usually I'm exhausted of peddling before any upper body
issues start!  I also enjoy being able to see more surroundings along the
way.