On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 7:39 PM Joe Bernard <joerem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As I understand it the Roadeo has significantly thinner tubing than the
> Romulus and Ram I owned. Noticeable enough that my one very short ride
> around the building at RBW told me I was riding a different, whippier,
> snappier bike than what I was familiar with. To my mind it was the
> difference between a Riv road bike built to a survivable standard under
> fairly stout riders, and one with a definite weight limit. Almost a
> "production custom", if you will.

For the curious, the tubing wall thickness measurements I've taken of
several similar-sized Rivendell bikes can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XeS2nJhBPSDRbqgG1-F2VOI_vK1QZnZmysARDJWyGps/edit?usp=sharing

Please note that I strongly suspect Riv uses different gauges of tubing for
different sizes, so these measurements almost certainly do not reflect the
tubing spec of smaller frames. I look forward to measuring other sizes and
finding out for sure!

That said, since the Hunqapillar, Rambouillet, Roadeo, and Hilsen shown at
that link are all in the same size "neighborhood" it probably does give a
fair idea of the relative differences between the models.

If anyone is around the SF Bay Area and would like their bikes measured,
please drop me a line!

Best,
Reed