Interesting reactions to this.

It is not a "counterfeit" Rivendell jersey, it is a "fake" Rivendell
jersey, given that there are no Rivendell jerseys to copy that I know of.

In my original post, I mentioned this being possible heresy, as I don't
think RBW is into kit. But Eroica wants period correct "kit". So I thought,
as long as I am riding a bike that is sorta, kinda retro style (as in
having lugs) why not complete the vibe with a "retro" style Rivendell
jersey to match the bike. I mean no disrespect to RBW. I have bought 11
frames (Ok - 10 frames and 1 bike) over the years from them.  I suppose I
could ride my Paramount and get a "new" Schwinn jersey of some sort. But
the Paramount is in need of a repaint among other things and I haven't sent
it to Waterford yet - best to wait on the Rivendell custom which should
actually fit me (I couldn't afford a custom Colin Laing when I was
younger). I just hope they will let me ride the platform pedals, but I may
have to switch to MKS touring pedals.

Note that the font is just a simplified "Algerian" with the R 50% bigger -
worked out as well as I could hope.

Can RBW actually give permission to use "Rivendell" - wouldn't that be up
to the Tolkien family or whoever they sold the rights to? I thought that it
was kind of interesting that the jersey was made in New Zealand, where the
Lord of the Rings was filmed.

Now just need to find some black wool bib cycling shorts without logo in
XXXL.

Laing
Cocoa, FL