on 3/11/10 10:11 AM, Rick at rp.hous...@gmail.com wrote:

> My wife and I have identical Quickbeams--mine's a 64cm, and she has a
> 52; we're contemplating a move to Portland this Fall, and I know we
> won't be able to handle the hills on the QB--we're just not that
> strong.
>
> So, we're going to sell the QB's, and I'd like some input: if you were
> me (52 next week), used the bike for everything (commuting, shopping)
> because we sold our car, then what type of Riv would you get? A Sam
> Hilborne pops into my head, but is the frame sturdy enough? I'm 6'4"
> and 220, and since it'll have to sometimes carry 40-50 pounds of
> groceries, will it hold up?

I think if your QB's were working out, then you would certainly be fine with
the Hillborne.

The Hunqapiller would probably be the first one I'd look at, if _most_ of my
riding was going to be grocery hauling.  For your frame size, the HQP would
probably be worth considering if you are going to end up with one bike.
Mayube a tad over spec'd for just riding and errands, but I'd imagine super
stable under load.

- Jim
--
Jim Edgar
cyclofi...@earthlink.net

Cyclofiend Bicycle Photo Galleries - http://www.cyclofiend.com
Current Classics - Cross Bikes
Singlespeed - Working Bikes

Get your photos posted: http://www.cyclofiend.com/guidelines

"Then I sat up, wiped the water out of my eyes, and looked at my bike, and
just like that I knew it was dead"

-- Robert McCammon, "Boy's Life"