Guess I should chime in now that I own one.
This build minus saddle bag, minus the chainstay bartape wrap, plus a
Secula plus seatstay dyno light is 22.9lbs.: https://flic.kr/p/2abdqa7

In comparison, my Carbon/Aluminum 2009 Defy 3 was 20lbs, iirc without
pedals.

So not sub 20lbs. But looks like it could easily be with lighter components
on it.
But  I like the functionality and how everything work great together on
this bike the way it is.

Build:
Nitto M151F bar
Lizar skins blue wrap
Tech Deluxe stem
Tejtro TRP RLL drillium brake levers
Tektro R559 brakes with Swissstop blue pads
Yokozuna shifter and brake cables/housings
SUN XCD DT shifter clamp
Right Silver shifter
NO front derailer.
Microshift rear R10 derailer
SRAM PC8something chain
Shimano HG-something 8-speed 11-32 cassette
Sugino XD2 double crank 34/43 chainrings.
Front wheel - SON widebody/Sapim spokes/Pacenti Brevet rim 32 hole
Rear wheel - VO Touring hub/Sapim spokes/Pacenti rim 32 hole
GB Cypress tires
Qtubes
B&M IQX dyno head light
Secula Plus for seatstay rear light