My PBH is just shy of 77cm (just under 30in) and there is absolutely no
extra room for stand over... I even lean the tandem a bit when stopped to
keep me comfortable (and that's with 42mm tires). It only works because we
both dismount at stops. It's truly too large for someone of my height and
PBH, but it hasn't been a problem with starts or stops to date. The biggest
issue is really when riding distance because it's just such a stretch.
Ideally (for me anyway), the captain position would be smaller, but we've
made it work. :)