I can't speak to how you'll love a bike.  But I have a Riv Road Standard
myself, and I love it.

I love how it rides on 650 x 38 tires -- but a 650b conversion will lower
the frame considerably (smaller overall wheel diameter).  Watch for pedal
strikes.  Unfortunately, I couldn't fit a wider/taller tire to mitigate
that frame drop.  Yours may clear 640 x 42, but mine does not.

The smaller diameter tires leaves clearance for metal fenders.

I tried moustache bars on it for a while, and I didn't love those.  No
perfect hand positions, just several compromised ones.  I prefer drop bars
(my favorites are Nitto Randonneur B135).  I do have an Albatross cockpit,
but I've never tried it.

To convert to 650b, you would need long-reach brakes (Tektro R559, Paul
Racer, Dia Compe centerpulls, etc), the "medium" reach brakes you have
aren't long enough.

If you are seeking a softer ride on 700c wheels, try a more supple tire
than the Ruffy Tuffy or JB.  Compass, Soma Supple Vitesse, even Panaracer
Gravel Kings are probably lighter/flexier than the Riv tires.  But, any
supple tire will be more susceptible to punctures than the Riv tires.
Compromises.  I've been riding Barlow Pass tires from Compass on my cross
bike, and I just got my first flat since May.  Not a big deal.