Max,
I never considered a 52, actually.  I have about 5" of seat post showing
(from seat tube exit to bottom of saddle leather) on my 59, and I'm not
nearly to the point of being uncomfortable as far as reach goes, even with
the Bullmoose.  With a Bosco, which comes back about a mile further, I'd
almost be reclining, which I personally don't like for any type of riding.

My previous Clem 59 H had a Jones loop bar, which was also nice.  On that
bike I did some single track and -- though I felt the Clem's length,
weight, and rigidity compared to an aluminum hardtail  -- neither the
reach, nor the stack, were problems.  IOW, I would not size down to a 52 if
I decided I was going to make the Clem my mountain bike for single track
... it'd feel too small.

Hope that helps,
Tom