26.5 lb is not bad at all for such a build. My custom 26" wheel fixie, with
dynamo lighting, fenders, racks, is probably 1 1/2 lb lighter, and that's
with a Dingle fixed drivetrain in place of a 3X9.

* I removed the kickstand because I was tired of the bike falling over all
of the time.*

Now that is interesting, since stands are meant precisely to keep the bike
from falling over. What sort of kickstand, and why did it fall over? I am
ready to remove the bb-area stand from my Hon Solo, because when you have
even a bit more weight in the left-side pannier than the right, the stand
will not hold the bike up, as I discovered yet once again today at the
grocery store.