I'm trying to distinguish frame flex from faster riding.  For me, I'm not
sure that a Roadeo and Roadini built to the same weight would ride any
faster.  Of course, I feel a dramatic difference when I go from my 35 lb
racked and bagged up Hilsen to my 22 lb Roadeo, but I doubt that much of
that is due to the tubing.  Would a similarly built up Ram and Roadeo feel
different?  Yes, I think the Roadeo would feel faster because it handles
faster.  I don't know if it would go any faster, but maybe once you get the
feel for the livelier-handling Roadeo other bikes would feel slow.  I don't
know if that has anything to do with the tubing, but that's hard to tell.
As far as frame flex/planing goes I don't notice any on my bikes--maybe a
little on the Roadeo when I'm mashing up hills out of the saddle, but not
convincingly noticeable--only on my heavily loaded AHH did I feel a
consistent spring from the frame flex...

I know that Bill built up his Roadini and it feels fast and he goes fast on
it.  I guess he might be a good person to comment on the tubing because he
has a lightish Roadini and a light Legolas...

Toshi

Toshi