Bill:
You totally misunderstood what I typed.
I wasn’t saying you would have the handling of a Rodini. I was not suggesting
that you buy a custom. I was not even talking to you.

I was just throwing the idea out there that a person can also have those
benchmarks mentioned while also having a 646 bike. Sorry for the confusion. I
am not a good writer.

I have sold my Sam and two Bleriots. They were great bikes but when I decide
not to commute because I am bummed out by the hills it’s time to look for
something that rides better for me. Now I don’t fear the hills. Now recovery is
quicker, enabling me to commute more days per week and have more fun. More
efficient bike= less energy spent= quicker recovery from less exhaustion.

The rodeo does that for me. But that is what I’m looking for in a bike.
Everyone here has something they’re looking for in a bike and the cool thing is
that Rivendell makes so many models just about everybody can find something
that works for them. I think every bike they make are equally good, just
different.

PS- I’m keeping my 858 Ram!😀