I wanted a QR transverse saddlebag for my Matthews, which has very tall,
29.6" tires (622 X 60). Even though the frame is the equivalent in road
frame size-ology of a 58 to 60, even a Nelson dragged on the rear tire with
any load. A Junior would work, but that is rather small.

The solution was the Super C Slim made for the SQR system. About as much as
the Nelson, but in a design that requires a far small distance between
saddle and tire. (Tyre.) IIRC, the Super C Slim takes up about as much
vertical room as the Junior.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 3:18 PM Joe Bernard <joerem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's another approach, it's a Carradice rack called Classic. It sits up
> kinda high so you gotta figure out how you're getting your leg over, but I
> adapted to it pretty quickly. It pops on and off quickly which I really
> like, the bag and rack stay together.
>
> On Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 10:37:49 AM UTC-8, Daniel D. wrote:
> > thanks for the info, looks like a nice set up
> >
> > On Saturday, November 3, 2018 at 6:14:20 PM UTC-7, Ed Carolipio wrote:
> >
> > I have a 51cm Roadini and have struggled with this question. I have
> 78.5cm PBH with a 68cm saddle height. The Banana Sack works great and
> clears the rear tire easily, but smallish for a packrat like me and I'm
> reluctant to carry anything on myself when riding. The Saddlesack Small
> fulfilled my packrat tendencies much better and worked okay until I carried
> an Abus folding lock which created a saggy spot and the bag rubbed on the
> rear tire. Another 1.5cm of seatpost or maybe tying the bag up with an
> Irish strap would have avoided the problem.
> >

> > I didn't like the Irish strap solution so I got a Carradice Barley and
> tried it without the rack but had similar issues with the Saddlesack Small,
> plus the opening was at a weird angle. I broke down and got the Carradice
> bagman support. That setup - Barley + bagman - is what I've got on the bike
> and I really like it.
> >

> > BTW for the front, I got a Carradice Zipped Roll and am using it as a
> handlebar bag. It's kind of wide as a handlebar bag: my bars are 44cm Nitto
> Noodles (Hiway Ones in the photo), and likely won't work with anything
> narrower.
> >

> > --Ed C.
> >

> > On Friday, November 2, 2018 at 12:24:03 PM UTC-7, Daniel D. wrote:
> > Decided I want a little bigger bag than just a seat pack.  Leaning
> towards a Carradice Pendle, Barley, etc..  Aesthetically the bikepacker
> bags don't do it for me.
> >

> > The question is fit on a smaller frame.  Am I stuck using a bagman
> support?  Is there enough clearance to use without a support?
> >

> > Pic tape measure head is in the saddle bag loop

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique