Thanks for the photos and comments.  Two things:

First, Bosque is a new word for me.  Thought you meant Basque until I
Wiki'd it. Thanks for the introduction.

Second, regarding your comment: "And I noticed again that being bent over
very often, and in this instance, *removes* weight from your
hands/arms/shoulders: my hands felt *lighter* on the bar."   I remember
feeling this as well, and thought it was because when bent over far enough,
the torso reaches its elastic limits, with the back stretched and the
stomach compressed to offset the pull of gravity, and therefore doesn't
require muscles to maintain a bent-over position.  If this is correct,
supple people would have to bend over farther than stiff people, before
this effect is felt.

Jack