Seems like we're drifting off topic.

Most molesters are related to the victim, or in a position of authority
over them. It is orders of magnitude more common for uncles, pastors, and
coaches to molest kids than "stranger danger." That said, I grew up in
Northern California in the 70s and 80s, which was a great time and place
for cults and serial killers. Growing up with such high-profile danger made
me pretty cautious about letting my kid go places alone. Of the molestation
cases in the town we lived in, the perps all seemed to be people known to
the victim.

Philip
Santa Rosa, CA