On Friday, December 14, 2018 at 11:17:51 AM UTC-8, Justin, Oakland wrote:

> Question: have you considered an extra stay to the front extension?

Yes, I have.  In fact, I've considered two extra stays.  One for the front
floppy diving board, and one to split the difference between the current
stay and the crown, which is also quite floppy.

> Question: Why does the fender extend to the front?

In my experience, short extensions can fail to protect the underside of the
stuff that is in your basket or the underside of your handlebar bag.  In my
opinion, long extensions in front look nicer.  I think Steve Palincsar's
two bikes both look lovely with the long front extension.  In my opinion,
if Steve Palincsar chose to cut 3-4" off that front extension, his bikes
would be less pretty, but I don't think he would suffer any additional
spray to his person.

-B