Patrick asks what frames preceded the Roadini. Other than the 1984 Trek
620, which was a nice bike and just didn't fit well, they were a Peugeot
UO-8, a cheap knockoff of a Raleigh mixte and another cheap diamond frame
10-speed (don't remember the brand). What makes the Roadini work is the
tall head tube so I can get the handlebars up where I want them, adequate
standover and no toe overlap. Also it's the choice of parts that work for
me: low q crank, low gearing, brake levers for small hands, good women's
saddle, short reach handlebars. The handling feels a lot like my former
Trek 620 and is just fine. This thread is supposed to be all positive so I
will not mention what I do not like about the bike and the Rivendell
philosophy of fit, but I am not going to buy a custom frame and for a
production bike the Roadini is great and definitely the best bike I have
owned.