Here's one choice - my buddy's '85 Merc with aggressive road geometry
barely fits 23mm tires

<https://i.imgur.com/1cYtnr1.jpg>
He has the Portland Design Works fenders and he needed them on this
morning, riding in a steady mist

Another friend's '85 Merc, very different frame geometry (note the trail),
a bit bigger tires and wooden fenders

<https://i.imgur.com/DrWmjWF.jpg>

<https://i.imgur.com/z3IYRsC.jpg>

My '74 Raleigh with Honjos and 32mm tires

Here we sometimes get out in the wet because it's time to get out - more
often ride in the sun after a monsoon rain clears out and leaves broken
puddles.

Everyone should have at least one fender bike to have the option.

As far as match goes, white plastic Bluemels have their perfect match.

<https://i.imgur.com/nDwGeHu.jpg>

<https://i.imgur.com/ee4YfH7.jpg>

This one has the optional Race Blades, using a PDW Origami front splash
guard on the seat tube to make it near-enough full coverage