I'm not sure it's fair to characterize all the components as "cheap" which
often implies poor quality as much as it does low price. If it came with
the stock Silver crank, for instance, those sell for $220. Not outrageous
by today's bloated measures, but not cheap. And a fine crank. The bars are
Boscos--70 to 95 dollars; my first gen came with Bosco bullmoose, the
stand-alone version of which sells for $160. The only thing I thought was a
bit "cheap" were the somewhat maligned shifter things on the first gen--I
believe they fixed that.  Alex makes fine rims, Kenda makes fine, if not
cognescenti-worthy, tires. The other bits and bobs are inexpensive,
practical, good quality, will last just fine. Enjoy your handsome,
practical, fun, prudently-spec'd new bicycle!