Yeah, something about these dimensions just doesn't "click" right.  I have
a 54cm Rambouillet and it measures 54cm from C (of the BB) to T (of the top
tube).  From the photo of this Riv custom, it looks like the length of the
head tube is almost exactly the same as my Ram.  BUT, the Ram has a 2
degree sloping TT in order to make the head tube longer so the bars can be
set higher.  The custom in the photo appears to have a straight
(non-sloping) TT.  I'm suspicioning that this frame is a 56cm.