If it is the back half of the aluminum clamp that is stripped, you can
drill and rethread it. I stripped those threads on the GAP/C&O Canal trail
but repaired it later. I think that I went from the original 6mm bolt to an
8mm (or 8 to 10mm). I can check it out if you want to know for sure.
The tap may cost more than the part, if it is available separately.

David Lipsky
Berkeley, CA