Mark: Thanks for this. It is a bit apples:oranges, but a useful data point
nonetheless. I think at this point my principal interest in the APs is
whether it exhibits the same "floppy" feeling that the 60 mm (700C) Big
Ones do, even at what for such a fat tire is pavement pressure -- 26+ under
my 175. Boblist scuttlebutt (was it on the Bob or o this list) is that the
BO's tread tends to "stick" to the pavement in turns; minimally, but enough
to notice. It's not horrible, but it means that the ride is less than Riv
quality. As far as cushion, perceived rolling resistance, and weight, I am
more than happy with the ultra light BO model.

As with your experience with the APs, the BOs feel as fast on pavement as
the Elk Passes, at least when I am riding these last on my 2003 Riv.