Hi Justin,

My kid ended up with a great one from TykesBykes (later called Stampede),
but the website Two Wheeling Tots has tons of info and was a huge help for
me in choosing.  No affiliation.

IIRC my son was 2 1/2 when we got him the balance bike and was riding a
pedal bike like a champ right after turning 4.

I wanted real tires, not foam.  I liked the idea of the hand brake, though
they likely won't use it for a while.

Exciting times!

Best wishes,
Andrew P. in SLC, UT