Thanks, Sean. That looks inviting, but it's quite a bit larger than I need
(or that would be easy to store in my small coffee/tea cabinet). Is there a
conical burr grinder that is smaller and suitable for no more than 3 cups
of coffee, which I gather means about 1-2 oz of grounds?

Does anyone have experience with the hand-cranked Hario grinders? How long
does it take, and can you get the grounds Turkish fine?

A burr grinder would probably give me better results with my press, too ...