If you REALLY want disc brakes on a Riv frame( GBW)   I’d say have some disc
mounts put on, that’s what I did on my Atlantis and now Joe App.   I had a
brace put in the rear to triangulate the chainstay/ seatstay,  make it
stronger.   It does open up some rim options, especially for the GBW.   There
are a lot of steel frames out there with disc brakes.  Some might be heavier
gauge steel than Riv/ some lighter.   Time will tell if the braking action has
a negative impact on the frame.  We’ll see

Sent from my iPhone