I've built a number of quill rims up for Riv's.  They're way stiffer
(that's a good thing) than A23 rims, more stable under high tension, and
generally ride and track better.  Make sure you get machined sidewalls.
The polished finish is pricey but gorgeous.  If you don't already have PW
hubs, consider the White Industries hubs, which have adjustable bearing
preload, so you can adjust for slop.  Can't do that with Phil Hubs.  White
hubs have a super high static load rating, which means they can take a
serious whooping.  You don't need weird tools to adjust them.  Plus their
freewheel is the best on the market.

Sapim Force spokes are beefy, decently light...

If you do Quill rims, you need tubeless tape, even if you run tubes.

-james