We've always used only our own lugs. There aren't any "St. James" lugs.
There was a Jill St. John, and there is a Henry James  and there are Henry
James lugs, but there was never any collaboration there, and the 2000 model
custom has Riv lugs. May be older ones, but still Riv lugs. No biggie, but
no "St, James." Any lugs we've used has been the equal of any lug made, and
in some cases, a hair or so more than the equal.

--
Grant St. Petersburg
Rivendell Bicycle Works