The owner let me know it would be too tall for me (I gave him my maximum
S.O. and PBH).  Last night, I put the bike carrier on my car, hoping to
drive up tonight to purchase it.  Oh, well...

He didn't comment about it being shipped, but there's no harm in you (the
group "you")  asking him (I'm assuming a "him.")  It's quite a deal!  I'm a
bit too far from the bike to me an intermediary, though.

Roberta