Saddle sizing is mostly about perch bone (sit bone) width, just like frames
are mostly about PBH. The Rivet site has a procedure for measuring your sit
bone width. It is not a be-all end-all for determining the correct saddle,
but knowing your sit bone width is another tool in your arsenal. If you
have narrow sit bones a B17 is probably the correct seat even upright. I
ride a B68 with drops (mounted fairly high) and a B67, B71, or B73 upright
(I am heavy enough for the springs to be functional). But I also need a 54
cm frame with a 60 cm top tube (6' with an 83 PBH). It is the reason that I
have a pile of stems and handlebars for experimentation. Not easy if you
are on a budget.

Laing
Cocoa FL