If I'm understanding correctly, it would appear the NoBS is the same
extrusion as the Atlas but just lacking anodization/finish and eyelets.  My
interpretation of this is viewing the NoBS simply as an unrefined and more
affordable/budget friendly Atlas.  Are my assumptions accurate?  Am I
missing something and are there possibly other differences?

NoBS rim descriptions discuss thicker spoke beds and thicker sidewalls...
but not in direct comparison to Atlas and Atlas rim descriptions (on
Velocity's pages, etc.) are otherwise lacking.

The NoBS/Atlas has found it's way onto my short list for rims to consider
for a potential no-nonsense, custom built, multi-purpose, multi-bike,
dyno-hubbed, new front wheel with future-proofness being greatly taken into
consideration.

My thinking goes as follows:
I currently have 4 different frames that share the 700c wheel size (two
newer/nicer frames including my 65cm Clem, and two older/fixer-upper/beater
level frames.)  They all have the same 9x100 spec'd fork ends with stock
forks although nicer frame #2 is involved in an ongoing one-off project
that involves a more useful/versatile replacement fork with 12x100 thru
axle and disc brake spec.

I've considered just buying a complete 'off the shelf' thru axle disc
wheel to accommodate this particular conversion project and being done with
it but at $150-200 minimum investment at the lower end of those wheel specs
I'm reconsidering and debating just taking this opportunity to invest in a
quality handbuilt dyno front wheel that could maybe be moved from bike to
bike as I rotate them annually and/or seasonally.

At first glance this wouldn't appear to make much sense with the differing
hub and brake specs (9x100 vs 12x100 TA) but thanks to an adapter like this:
https://www.renehersecycles.com/shop/components/hubs/son-12-mm-thru-axle-adapter/

I'm wondering if building up a single dyno wheel with 12x100 thru axle hub
with center lock disc and a rim that could be used with rim brakes could be
more cost effective and space-concious in the long run and with an adapter
as linked above it could easily transfer over to my Clem and two other
frames if needed/desired?

I'm not 100% set on the above rims but considering the range of tires I'd
want/need to fit among the 4 different frames (32mm up to 50+mm(Clem)) this
rim width seems to offer the best compromise and tire size range.

I understand there are more details to consider, such as wiring/lights/etc.
that would make moving the wheel from bike to bike more complicated and not
just a 'quick swap', but my intent would not be to have all 4 dyno ready at
the same time.  I'd initially dedicate the new disc forked project to the
generator system (as this is also primarily meant to be a winter bike
with more night time riding expected) but with the ability to move this all
over to my Clem and beater bikes whenever needed or wanted, since I still
like to tinker and try new builds on occasion.

I realize I ventured a little further from my initial question and topic
but now you know most of what I'm thinking.  I'm basically trying to
determine if choosing something like the NoBS offers most, if not all, of
the benefits of an Atlas but by shaving off $30 (or more like $60 if
compared to the fully polished Atlas) this could help offset the cost of
the more costly hub (whether SON, Shimano, etc.)

Brian Cole
Lawrenceville, NJ