I'm in Reno and can give a few recommendations. The classic road ride is
the Reno to Verdi loop. Start in NW Reno, head to the west to Verdi
(pronounced verd-eye) and come back the same way. You can make it a fairly
flat ride along the river, or detour up into the Somersett development on
the north side of the route to add some climbing. About 25 miles round
trip, generally quiet traffic, pretty good views of the surrounding
scenery. Here's a map link from a local cycling club:
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/14682543. You don't have to go out to the
spur shown with points 14, 18, and 16, but I like that stretch.

We do have a path along the Truckee River, it's about 12-13 miles round
trip from downtown Reno out to the east end of the valley and back. It's a
bit bumpy with tree roots assaulting the asphalt, and it can be a bit
sketchy with the fairly high homeless population. I rode it on Saturday, it
was fine, but not the best representation of our community.

Another fun ride is out around Washoe Valley. You can start at Bowers
Mansion, and ride either direction around the edge of the valley. I like to
go south (counterclockwise) and out along Franktown Road. The eastern side
of the valley (Eastlake Blvd) is a little less inviting, but still not bad.
This route is best to ride earlier in the day, as winds can get very strong
down here.

We have a new separated pedestrian path along Veteran's Parkway, from the
Truckee River south to South Meadows Parkway. It's about 5 miles one way,
quite flat, and gives you a nice view of the east side of the valley.

Feel free to ping me privately for more details

Cheers,
Keith