The moment I saw "fixie bikepacking" written as a joke by Bikesnob (whose
writing I love), my first thought was: "You city people have got to get more
imaginative than THAT! Out West we HAVE fixie-bikepacking. In the snow. One a
Rivendell converted to horizontal dropouts. Wearing boiled wool and cotton
fishnet." Truth is wilder and more interesting than fiction in almost every
case.

I must admit that the Deacon's posts here were part of the nudge that motivated
me to build a 26" fixed wheel for an unused Troll frame / front wheel / most
parts I had lying around and assembled into something I'd be comfortable
locking up anywhere. It's been really great riding fixed from time to time
after briefly dabbling about 10 years ago.

Daniel M
Berkeley, CA

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/defe853c-9570-42d5-89e3-ff61a04e52dd%40googlegroups.com.