I take the Vermonter train from Brattleboro to Baltimore every summer after my
annual VT bikepacking jaunt. I always use the roll-on service. First year I
even squeezed my Troll’s 26x3” tires (barely) with minimal deflation in the
hook. Sidenote: Packed the frame bag with about 24 beers that are available in
VT and nowhere else. When I got off the train, the ride home was a bit harder
than it would’ve been without the beers, but I was pretty satisfied a couple
hours later.

I digress, but in sum: I highly recommend Amtrak’s roll-on service.

Bob K. in Baltimore

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/f99039b1-b448-4f22-8b1c-1f9942aa8e7d%40googlegroups.com.