Could be. You 'can't relate'.  Like you, i've had lots of bikes; the
memorable ones, i do remember quite well; whether or not that's 'refined
sensibility' I dunno; and whether it's actual or just speculative;
likewise, it don't matter - eventually we're all food for worms, so
whatever works, works. Until then, as much time on the bike as possible,
whether or not well remembered.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/587e5b57-04ca-41af-81cb-637a132dd008%40googlegroups.com.