my sam hillborne is outfitted with compass snoqualmie pass standard casing
and i use it for commuting, bike camping, and mixed terrain rides. it's
great; don't think you need the knobs unless you need knobs for mud or hard
cornering in wet grass or something.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/aa4aff76-7ad0-4a3a-959a-951a4e3dca50%40googlegroups.com.