I have two Velogical generators, both ordered from directly from Germany.
One over four year ago, another three. In both cases the customer service
was really great. Both have been powering B&M Eycl front lights and
Toplight Plus rear lights without any problem in rain. There is some noise,
which, obviously, means some energy loss, but not much. Perhaps because I'm
not very sensitive, I can't notice any increased effort when the dynamo
engaged.