Front derailleur adjustment is not rocket science, and unless there is some
fundamental incompatibility between derailleur and crankset,* or between
derailleur and bottom bracket assembly spindle length*, or between
derailleur and shifter*, fixing a shifting problem is simply a matter of
proper adjustment, which any competent mechanic ought to be able to
accomplish.

The variables are throw (how far out and in the cage moves); height (the
cage has to clear the big chainring but not by too much), and angle (the
cage has to be aligned fore/aft with respect to the chainrings in such a
way as to move the chain on and off the chainrings efficiently; this
sometimes means that the cage should be very slightly offset to the
chainrings).

Can you post photos taken from directly above the front derailleur and
showing (1) the cage centered on the big chainring, (2) the cage at maximum
outward extension, and (3) the cage furthest inward position? The problem
might be that the throw to the outside is inadequate -- ie, that the outer
limit screw is screwed down too much; or that the cage is mis-aligned with
the chainrings; or it could be that the cable is too loose, tho' your
mechanic should have fixed that.

* I recall long ago installing a Grafton triple (uber cool at the time) on
my 1992 XO-1, but having no clue whatsoever that I needed to replace the
122.5 mm spindle that came with the stock Specialized S-1 crankset with
something shorter. The Grafton crank sat way out there on that long
spindle, and I unscrewed and unscrewed and unscrewed that outer limit bolt,
and still, the front derailleur just *would not* shift to the big ring!

So I took it in to a shop, and I still cringe some 25 years later when I
recall the contempt in the shop rat's eyes as he explained in simple terms
of 1 syllable *that the effing spindle was too effing long!*

Patrick Moore, who did redeem himself in his own eyes by getting  early
Dura Ace 74?? fds to work with a 9-speed-era, external bb Bontrager Race
Lite triple (3 gold stars if you correctly explain how).